On Friday, two students were wounded in a shooting at Arapahoe High School in Colorado. According to authorities, the suspected gunman died from what appeared to be self-inflicted wounds. Predictably, liberal hatemongers on Twitter blamed the NRA, Twitchy said, with some calling for the death of NRA members.
"ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING-THANKS NRA," one person tweeted.
"You good with this school shooting or nah? @NRA," another person added.
But supporters of gun control weren't satisfied with the usual blame-shifting and name-calling. Some also tweeted death wishes.
"If the nuts have to shoot someone, the deep, evil part of me wishes the victims are NRA executives," one person tweeted.
"Car in front of me driving recklessly has an NRA bumper sticker. Does this mean I can shoot him...a mean look as I drive past him?" another person added.
"[H]ope someone shoot some politicians and gun activist and see what they say (sic). Better off their kids," tweeted "yossi burstein."
The hate was not entirely confined to Twitter.
One person who identifies himself on Facebook as attorney Martin S. Friedlander, issued a message on Twitter that linked to a Facebook post calling for NRA members and their children to be killed.
"Nothing like a good shooting to make my day. Kill the NRA and their children. Close the schools until gun control is passed by Congress. If Congress likes shooting, let them shoot themselves," his post read.
"Isn’t that just like liberals? They are ticked off over a shooting that took innocent lives and they turn right around and want to murder innocent people that have done them absolutely no harm," the blog said.
The reaction displayed by anti-gun liberals is typical. Whenever a tragedy like Friday's shooting takes place, liberals respond with hate and calls for death, as though murder is an answer for gun crime.
In February 2011, we said liberalism is an ideology of rage and hate. Once again, liberals have proven that assertion correct.
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
- Liberalism remains an ideology of genocidal hate and rage
- The left’s answer for what ails America: Murder conservatives, NRA members
- Abortion supporters spew hate over #PrayToEndAbortion Twitter hashtag
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Journalism professor: NRA members deserve execution by firing squad
- Texas Democratic Party leader, blogger calls for shooting NRA members
- Should an apology from a Democratic Party Executive Committee member cover calls for mass shootings?
- Des Moines columnist calls for repeal of Second Amendment, death of gun owners
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Newsbusters, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.