Whether you have your own garden or you’re browsing the area’s farmer’s markets, chances are you’ll have plenty of fruits and vegetables to bake with over the next few months. Here’s a look at what’s in season during July, and a few links to some recipes you can try out.
Berries – blueberries, strawberries, raspberries – take your pick! Mix them all together for a delicious fruit salad or smoothie, or try one of these recipes:
· Raspberry Floats from Cupcake Diaries
· Strawberry Shortcake Skillet Cobler from One Hundred Dollars a Month
· Blueberry Peach Cobler from One Hundred Dollars a Month
· 75+ Berry Recipes from Something Swanky
Just want to dip them in something? Try this dip recipe.
Cherries – more fun fruits to pick directly from the tree or pick up at the store.
· Cherry Cheesecake Braid from Searching for Dessert
Tomatoes – if it hasn’t already, the tomato harvest will begin soon, and that means salsa!
· Salsa and guacamole recipe collection from Food Network
Thinking about creating your own salsa garden next year? Check this out!
Check out all of Paula’s Buffalo Examiner columns:
Follow Paula on:
· Facebook – Paula Thompson Freelance
· Twitter - @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – PaulaThompsonFreelance
Contact Paula at email@example.com