According to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., the so-called mainstream media -- known here as the "Democrat-media complex" -- is not biased enough toward Democrats, the Washington Examiner reported Monday. Moreover, he said Republicans are at fault for everything bad happening in Washington.
"You and other journalists have a real shortcoming in that you are trying so hard to be fair that you are unfair,” Reid told Politico.
And despite his own "my way or the highway" stand on the shutdown, Reid claims Republicans are to blame for everything.
“Democrats have had almost nothing to do with the problems here," he said, apparently forgetting that his party controls the Senate and the White House. "It’s all Republicans.”
But it's not the GOP who evicted senior citizens from their Lake Mead homes, and it's not the GOP who chose to shut down the Amber alert website while keeping Michelle Obama's "Let's Move" site up. And it wasn't the GOP who threatened to arrest chaplains for ministering to troops.
Recently, a Park Ranger told the Washington Times they were told to "make life as difficult for people as we can." Republicans aren't in a position to issue those kinds of directives, but Democrats in the administration are. Yet Reid blames the GOP for what is now being called Obama's "shutdown war" against the American people.
According to Politico, Reid is preparing for a re-election bid in 2016, and his inflammatory rhetoric is part of that effort and, Politico added, the Nevada Democrat is "becoming even more polarizing."
But is the media too soft on Republicans as Reid suggested?
According to the conservative media watchdog group Media Research Center, out of 39 stories aired during the two weeks prior to the shutdown, CBS, ABC and NBC blamed Republicans 21 times, blamed both parties four times, and Democrats zero times. In 14 stories, Charlie Spiering added, neither party was to blame.
Other media outlets, like the New Republic, have even suggested violence be used against Republicans. Yet Reid thinks the media is not hard enough on the GOP.
But as the Media Research Center documents daily at Newsbusters, the "mainstream media" is hardly soft on Republicans.
On any given day, the media portrays Republicans and conservatives as evil spawns of Satan, often twisting facts and offering White House spin as gospel to be accepted without question.
So what, exactly, does Reid really want the media to do?
Given his own efforts to foment violence against conservatives, one can only imagine.
- Amber Alert website down due to shutdown, Michelle Obama's 'Let's Move' site up
- Mark Levin warns: Obama preparing country for coup against Constitution
- Obama's Park Service kicks owners out of private Lake Mead homes over shutdown
- Park Ranger admits being told to make life as difficult for people as possible
- Democrat votes to arrest military chaplains who minister to troops during shutdown
- Obama Closes Down the Atlantic Ocean?
- House to Chuck Hagel: Don't arrest military chaplains during shutdown
- Obama supporters threaten to kill protesters at Overpasses for Obama Impeachment
- The left’s shutdown battle cry: Kill them all!
- Deranged: Cher suggests killing Tea Party Republicans on Twitter
- Newsweek cover depicts President Obama as 'god of all things'
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.
Be sure to listen to "Grit and Grace" every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.