It seems the Koch brothers live rent-free in Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's head. On Thursday, the Nevada Democrat blamed the Koch brothers for stalled legislation intended to help Ukraine, The Hill reported. He also implied Republicans are unpatriotic.
“It’s hard for me to comprehend how with a clear conscience they could say, ‘Ukrainians, we probably can’t help you because we’re trying to protect the Koch brothers,’” he said. “And not only that, they’re saying to the American people that protecting the Koch brothers is more important than helping our country.”
According to Reid, GOP demands that language delaying the Internal Revenue Service’s regulation of nonprofit political advocacy groups be added to the Ukraine package are unpatriotic and designed to help the conservative donors.
Republicans, however, want the language added if the measure will include reforms to the International Monetary Fund backed by the White House, The Hill added.
Alexander Bolton said the disagreement will prevent Congress from passing the legislation before leaving for a week-long recess.
An article at PJ Media says Reid's latest attack indicates the senator is "crazypants paranoid, Ancient Aliens-level obsessed with" the Kochs, and he supports "the weaponization of the IRS against his party’s opponents."
Twitchy called Reid "delusional," saying the Senate Majority Leader suffers from "full-blown Koch Derangement Syndrome."
"Kochs also to blame for 'Godfather III', (sic) New Coke, and Reid's pizza arriving in 33 minutes when it was promised in 30," one person said on Twitter.
"Harry Reid's rants are now indistinguishable from parody headlines," added the National Review's Jim Geraghty.
Twitchy went even further, calling the Nevada Democrat "certifiable." A number of Twitter users seemed to agree.
The Washington Times observed that since calling the Koch brothers un-American last month, Reid has attacked them almost daily.
- Harry Reid bashes Koch brothers, decries existence of 'climate change deniers'
- Harry Reid blames racism for defeat of controversial DOJ appointee Debo Adegbile
- Harry Reid: Conservative Koch brothers un-American, GOP 'addicted to Koch'
- Harry Reid suggests GOP opposition to Obama may be rooted in racism
- Harry Reid blames GOP for Obama shutting down WWII memorial
- Harry Reid forces gov’t shutdown, Ted Cruz offers salary to charity
- Harry Reid falsely claims Tea Party 'anarchists' out to destroy U.S. government
- Harry Reid, Barack Obama fomenting violence against conservatives over Obamacare