February 1, 2010
Friday February 5
- Adrian Blitzer will bring down the house at Overtime Sports Bar in Hershey. Powerpop rockers Random Allies will kick things off at 10:00.
- If it’s ferocious metal you crave, then the Spy Club (downstairs at the Dragonfly) is the place to be! Killhole opens the show, Penntera (THE Pantera tribute band) follows, and local metal legends Knuckleduster will make your ears bleed to close the night. Doors open at 10, and the cover is $5.
- The renowned Shea Quinn and The Luv Gods will be playing the Hollywood Casino. There is no cover, and show time is 8:00.
- Forever Strange rocks and parties at Chick’s Tavern in Hummelstown, with the festivities to begin at 9:30.
Saturday February 6
- This may be well outside Central PA, but the excitement that surrounds this show is so great it has to be shared. The Strychnine Babies are going to play their first live show in over a decade! If you’ve never seen these guys, they are well worth it. A dominating punk band from the late nineties, they may never have been on your radar, but they should have been. Don’t miss this chance to check out the original line-up of this legendary ’77 style punk rock trio! The show is at The Khyber in Philly starting at 9:00. Tickets are $8.
- The ultimate Ozzy tribute band, Rebourne, will bark at the moon at Tubby’s Nightclub in Duncannon. Candlelight Red, a definite must-see, kicks things off at 9:30.
- Party/Dance and all-around good time band Echelon is at the Hollywood Casino in Grantville. As always, there is no cover, and the show starts at 9:00.
- The incomparable Don Johnson Project will play at Stock’s on 2nd in Harrisburg. Be ready for the funkin’ blues at 9:30.
- Adrian Blitzer remains in action, having a busy weekend as they will rock out at Ceolta’s Irish Pub in Harrisburg. The Blitz starts at 10:00.
- The Spy Club will be jumping again Saturday night with a four band mega-gig. Brightside will start things off, followed by Espenshade. The punk stylings of Dollface is next, and In Wilderness is headlining. The cover is only $5, so you are getting more bang for your buck. Doors open at 10.
Enjoy some local music, the enjoy the Super Bowl! Rock on.