The first day of the Lunar New Year is on February 1th and 2013 marks the Year of the Snake. This occasion is a time in which Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures celebrate the sun and moon beginning a new journey. At Disney California Adventure Park, there will be a huge celebration with the Happy Lunar New Year Celebration on February 8th-13th. There will be wonderful things such as delicious foods, wonderful performances and more!
Characters, procession and fun!
Characters from Disney’s Mulan will be stopping by and this is the perfect time to take a unique photo with Mulan and her dragon friend, Mushu. Mickey, Minnie and other characters will be available as well. Suring certain times of the Happy Lunar New Year Celebration, Mushu and Mulan will lead a procession along with umbrella dancers who wear colorful costumes and will perform with great grace. There will also be performances by dancers, musicians and martial artists.
Be sure to notice the interesting decoration for the Happy Lunar New Year Celebration with ornamental lanterns and bright banners wishing everyone a Happy New Year.
Delicious and Unique Food
- The Lucky Fortune Cookery: Located at Pacific Wharf, this restaurant has added some new Asian-themed dishes such as chicken and vegetable pot sticks and pork spare riblets with char siu sauce. The Lucy Fortune Cookery also serves rice bowls with vegetables and sides such as Thai Coconut Curry and Teriyaki year around.
- Boudin Bread Café: Stop by this stand to get “Year of the Snake “bread which is a sourdough loaf shaped like a snake just for the new Lunar year of 2013!
- Pacific Wharf Café: This café is adding something delicious. According to the Blog, “Limited Time Magic’ Brings Delicious Treats for Happy Lunar New Year Celebration to Disney California Adventure Park” by Pam Brandon, “ Pacific Wharf Café is adding a barbecued pork bao roll, a traditional Chinese steamed bun, along with ginger milk tea and almond cookies. “
- San Francisco Cart: Guests can have a savory dish of barbecued pork bao roll, edamame, almond cookies and ginger milk tea.
- Rita’s Baja Blender: This place serves a great selection of drinks and will be serving Tsing Tao Beer which is a China based beer that has been around since 1903!
Disney California Adventure is going to host the Happy Lunar New Year Celebration from February 8th-13th. Stop by the Pacific Wharf area from 10 a.m-5 p.m. For more information, visit here.
Brandon, Pam. "‘Limited Time Magic’ Brings Delicious Treats for Happy Lunar New Year Celebration to Disney California Adventure Park « Disney Parks Blog ." Disney Parks. N.p., 22 Jan. 2013. Web. 8 Feb. 2013. <http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/01/limited-time-magic-brings-....
"Disneyland Events in California." Disney World - The Largest Unofficial On-Line Guide to Disney World, Walt Disney World . N.p., n.d. Web. 8 Feb. 2013. <http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/events.html>.
Glover, Erin. "Happy Lunar New Year Celebration Moves Across the Esplanade to Disney California Adventure Park « Disney Parks Blog ." Disney Parks. N.p., 18 Jan. 2013. Web. 8 Feb. 2013. <http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/01/happy-lunar-new-year-celeb....
"Happy Lunar New Year Celebration| Special Events | Disneyland Park." Disneyland Resort | Welcome to the Magic. N.p., n.d. Web. 8 Feb. 2013. <http://disneyland.disney.go.com/events/lunar-new-year/>.