Get ready to ring in the New Lunar Year at Disney California Adventure's Paradise Pier. This year is the Year of the Year of the Horse. The theme park will once again celebrate the multi-cultural event with the Happy Lunar New Year Celebration through January 31st-February 2nd from 11:00am-5:00 pm. This is a wonderful time full of food, traditions and frivolity!
- At the Happy Lunar New Year Celebration there will be a Chinese dragon dance troupe which is a form of traditional dance and performance. There will also be a lion dancers featured. In addition to a wonderful spectacle there will be Vietnamese and Korean dance groups who will perform daily.
- The heroic Mulan and the dragon Mushu will lead a procession along the parade route along with umbrella dancers. There will be an oppurtunity to take photos with characters Mickey, Minnie, Chip n'Dale who will be dressed in their best. Mulan and Mushu will also be there to take the perfect shot.
- There will be arts and crafts for children as well as the opportunity to find out more about the Chinese Zodiac.
- The designated area will be decorated with bright colors, lanterns and banners will be hung and on it will be messages written in English, Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese wishing everyone a Happy Lunar New Year!
- What is a festival without food? Throughout will be carts selling snacks such as sweet almond cookies and savory steamed pork bao served with sweet chili sauce. Bayside Brews will also feature Tsing Tao beer and Ginger milk tea.
Works Cited Glover, Erin. "Happy Lunar New Year Celebration Returns to Disney California Adventure Park." Disney Parks Blog RSS. N.p., 16 Jan. 2014. Web. 31 Jan. 2014. <http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014
/01/happy-lunar-new-year-celebration-returns-to-disney-california-adventure-park/>. "Happy Lunar New Year Celebration." Celebrate Lunar New Year. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 Jan. 2014. <disneyland.disney.go.com/au/events/lunar-new-year/>.