Let's be honest - most of us are overworked, underpaid and just plain stressed out! And with a slow economic recovery, high unemployment, a totally dysfunctional Congress and our day-to-day responsibilities, it's no wonder Americans are tired and tuckered out! But instead of dwelling on the negative, today is the perfect day to focus on the positive. While the origins of this annual "holiday" are unknown, a simple gesture or a kind word may just make someone's day. It's important to keep in mind that no matter how difficult our lives may be, someone else may have it much worse.
Do Something Nice Day Ideas
- In the spirit of Do Something Nice Day, make a concerted effort to do or say something nice to every person you see.
- If you are heading to a fast-food joint, why not pay for the person's bill next to you and ask them to pay it forward?
- Offer to mow your neighbor's yard.
- Do something kind for an elderly neighbor or friend.
- Wash your significant other's vehicle.
- Avoid the urge to flip off that rude driver and smile!
- Bake a batch of homemade cookies for the kids.
- Visit someone in a nursing home.
- Hug someone who is having a bad day.
- Let someone go ahead of you in the busy check-out lane.
- Pick a bouquet of flowers from your garden and deliver them to a lonely friend.
- And speaking of friends, don't forget the millions of four-legged friends who are patiently waiting to find their "furever" homes. Visit an animal shelter or sponsor or foster a pet from the local shelter. If you have been considering opening your heart and your home to an animal in need - now is the "purrfect" time. Millions of animals are destroyed each year through no fault of their own. Please adopt an animal in need before it's too late.
Happy Do Something Nice Day!