Fresh cream cheese, it is one of the wonders of the kitchen. Smooth, creamy and incredibly versatile. You can use it for numerous savory dishes and of course there is one of the most popular desserts in the restaurant world, cheesecake! I love working with cream cheese. Yes, it can be messy once it starts to get to room temperature but, it is also a lot of fun. A simple amount of cream cheese can change the texture of any dish and this brand new cookie will prove that.
In creating this cookie, I took a rather simple cookie dough and simply added some cream cheese to it. Why? Well... why not. The texture of the cookie came out quite wonderful and the taste (after a few attempts to get the proper amount of cheese) was purely tantalizing. Of course you just can't have a plain cookie so to make this cookie something truly special, it is dipped in creamy white chocolate. White chocolate and cream cheese, a true marriage of great flavors.
Ingredients needed to make White Chocolate Dipped Cream Cheese Cookies (amount depends on size):
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 Tbs. cream
- In a mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour and salt. Add to the mixer and beat until a soft dough forms.
- Place the bowl into the refrigerator and chill the dough 1 hour.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone sheet.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out balls of dough and place them upon the prepared cookie sheet.
- Place into the oven and bake 15 minutes (depending on the size of the cookie).
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack. Cookies must be completely cool before dipping into the white chocolate.
- Place the white chocolate chips into a heat proof bowl and place the bowl into a pan of simmering water.
- Stir the white chocolate chips until they begin to melt and then stir in the cream. Keep stirring until the white chocolate is smooth.
- Dip half of the cream cheese cookie into the white chocolate. Place the cookie back onto the wire rack until the white chocolate has set.
The new cookbook from Chef Larry Edwards is now available from Amazon.com and bookstores worldwide. One of the most anticipated cookbooks of the year, "Edwardian Cooking: Inspired by Downton Abbey's Elegant Meals."