December 5, 2013
Get creative and safe with these cute battery operated votive holders for your Christmas Tree this year. Courtesy of Coats & Clark.
- Coats All-purpose Zippers, 7", 3 zippers
- Dual Duty XP® general purpose, to match colors of wool balls
- Glass vase, 4" diameter round - 1
- Wool balls, 1/2", 3
- Wool ball, 1 1/2", 1
- Jump rings, 4
- Electric votive candle, 1
- Hand sewing needle
- Hot glue
- Unzip the 3 zippers.
- Glue the bottom ends of the zippers together at 120 degrees from each other (or equally spaced from each other) with the two ends slightly overlapping each other.
- Glue the top ends together overlapping them and aligning each with the opposing zipper side.
- Stitch a jump ring to the large wool ball and then hot glue it to the top of the zippers.
- Link each jump ring to each of the zipper pulls and then stitch each of the small wool balls to each jump ring.
Read more at Allfreesewing.com