Update 8/4/14: Kaiser has been adopted!
On July 21, a drop-dead gorgeous German shepherd dubbed "Kaiser," was taken in at the Los Angeles County Animal Care and Control facility in Baldwin Park, Calif.
Nine days have passed since Kaiser was picked up as a stray and as of yet, no one has come forward to claim the stunning dog as their own.
On July 25, a volunteer who takes photos of dogs who are impounded at the facility, posted Kaiser's picture, along with these words, to Facebook:
My name is Kaiser. I am a friendly 3 yr old male black/brown German Shepherd mix. I came to the shelter as a stray on July 21. available 7/26/14
I share these photos to help get these dogs seen and hopefully find homes. I do not work for the shelter nor do I rescue or pull. If you are interested in this dog, please contact the shelter directly to find out its availability.
Kaiser likely had a home prior to being taken to the animal shelter - he appears to be in good condition, rather than thin and weary from an extended period of time alone on the streets.
Where his owner is today remains a mystery...what is not a mystery is that Kaiser could use a helping hand to leave the facility. Taking a moment to network Kaiser's information will help increase his visibility and hopefully increase his chances of being taken in by a rescue agency, or by an adopter who can offer him a safe and loving home.
- Petharbor link for Kaiser here
- KAISER - ID number A4736464
- Los Angeles County Animal Control - Baldwin Park at (626) 962-3577
- Facebook thread for Kaiser here
- Please direct ALL inquiries about this dog to the facility; ask for information about animal ID number A4736464
- Temperament information about this dog has not been made publicly available - please phone the facility directly for more information
If you would like to continue receiving the latest dog-related news, tips and advice, please click the word "Subscribe," near the top of the article. Follow along on Facebook and Twitter for more stories and updates.