343 Industries dropped details for the next Halo 4 title update on Thursday. One announced new feature in particular should immediately grab the eyeballs of Xbox 360 owners and that is the the ability for the developers to tweak weapons on the fly without the need for a title update.
Title Update 3 for Halo 4 is close to final according to community manager Jessica Shea and is expected to be released in the coming weeks. If we had to guess, it would be right before the Castle Map Pack is deployed on April 8.
The update will fix a number of current issues with the title but the most interesting is the addition of the ability to make weapon adjustments via backend tuning.
"Previously added weapon adjustments, such as the Bolt Shot Nerf that went live last month, needed a title update in order to be released," Shea noted in a Halo Bulletin. "With this title update, we are adding the ability to make weapon adjustments outside of the standard title update process. This will allow us to fine tune and tweak the Halo 4 sandbox as often or not as often as needed. One thing to keep in mind is that even the tiniest of changes affects the sandbox as a whole, so these adjustments will be closely scrutinized and carefully tested before being released."
Here are the full patch notes for Title Update 3.
- Enabled “X-Markers” on the HUD to designate when and where teammates are killed.
- Updated Active Camo to fully reveal players when they fire all weapons.
- Reduced the auto aim, magnetism and damage on the Gauss Warthog.
- Fixed an issue in which some players at SR-130 did not see their Specialization on their in-game Player Card.
- Fixed various issues with ordnance navigation markers.
- Fixed various join-in-progress issues with Flood.
- Added the ability to make weapon adjustments via backend tuning.
So what weapon balances do you expect to see for Halo 4? A Battle Rifle buff, possibly a DMR nerf?
Via: Halo Waypoint