The recipes came from Chef Eric. Please check him out on the following networking sites:
Chef Eric’s Heavenly Cupcakes Baking Class
Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Cupcakes: Yield: 12 Cupcakes
- Carrots, peeled and finely shredded 2 cups
- Lemon juice 1/4 cup
- Sifted whole wheat flour 1 cup
- Sifted cake flour 1 cup
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking soda 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- Eggs 2 each
- Butter, melted 10 Tablespoons
- Honey 3/4 cup
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 Cupcake cups with paper liners.
2. In a small bowl, combine the carrots and lemon juice. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon. Add the eggs, melted butter, honey and carrot mixture. Beat with a wooden spoon until well mixed, about 1 minute.
4. Using a rubber spatula, scrape the batter into the cupcake pans, filling them about 2/3 full. Bake for 12-15 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking. When a cake tester comes out with 1-2 crumbs sticking to it, the cakes are done.
5. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then remove it from the pan onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 pound Confectioners’ Sugar, sifted
- 4 cups Butter, unsalted, softened
- 1 cup Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
1. Mix cream cheese with butter until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and lemon juice. Slowly add the sugar and blend until light and fluffy.
2. Fill and ice cupcakes as desired. Pecans can be added to top of cupcakes for decoration. Use a piping bag with a round #8 tip to create fluffy cupcake tops!
Chef Eric’s Halloween Treats Baking Class
Frosted Pumpkin Cookies Yield: 36 Cookies
- Flour, A.P. 2 ¼ cups
- Pumpkin pie spice 1 ½ teaspoons Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Butter, softened 1 cup
- Sugar 1 cup
- Pumpkin Puree 1-15 ounce can
- Eggs, large 2 each
- Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
- Chocolate chips – semi-sweet 4 c/2-12 oz pkgs
- Walnuts, chopped 1 cup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly grease and set aside.
2. Combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. Beat the butter and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in the pumpkin, eggs and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
6. Drizzle or spread with Vanilla Glaze.
1. Combine 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl; mix well and drizzle on the cookies.