The trick's on you as Halloween is ranked number one as the busiest unofficial holiday for car thefts according to National Insurance Crime Bureau statistics. In 2011 alone, there were 2,328 stolen cars reported on Halloween, mainly due to the fact that many folks tend to mindlessly abandon their cars wherever, in order to make that festive ghouls and goblins party.
If you plan on taking the car out on Halloween, why not consider these anti-theft tips from Inilex, the industry-leading provider of intelligent telemetry solutions and makers of SkyLINK – an intelligent vehicle recovery device that uses GPS and cellular technologies to locate stolen vehicles in real time:
- Cab it! Why not take a cab to all of your party spots especially if you plan on getting 'your spirits on.' If you happen to drive to a party, get tipsy, then have to leave your car parked overnight in an unfamiliar, and perhaps unsafe area, you are inviting thieves to have their way with it.
- If you're taking the kids trick-or-treating and have to park your car in a foreign location, make sure it's a safe spot. Try parking your vehicle in a busy parking lot, or very well-lit street to not only ensure its safety but most importantly, yours.
- Here's a given but ALWAYS make sure your car doors are locked and your windows, shut tight. Never leave an extra car key in or around your vehicle, it's never a wise move.
- Keep valuables out of view and never in the vehicle's cabin. If thieves peep inside your car and see something they want, trust that they will go for it without one moment of hesitation!
- Love your car? So if stolen, why not track it? A GPS-enabled device can instantly reveal your car's whereabouts if crooks steal it. Here's a plus, most insurers will offer you a discount on your premium if you install a theft-recovery device
Hey, please do visit my Facebook page and hit 'LIKE!'