As Halloween approaches, the Columbus Metro Parks are planning a number of events to get you in the mood for the spooky end to October. With a chill in the air and leaves falling from the trees, these events are a sure-fire way to prepare for the holiday.
- Halloweenie Campfire, Blacklick Woods Metro Park. Come enjoy a campfire and hear legends and tales about bats, owls, and other creatures of the night. Friday, Oct. 28, 7PM
- Spooky Stories, Blendon Woods Metro Park: The Storytellers of Central Ohio will be on hand to entertain you with spooky stories perfect for a fall night. Those in costume will receive an extra treat. Saturday, Oct. 29, 7PM
- Halloween Party, Inniswood Gardens: Join in on this annual affair in the gardens of Inniswood. Sunday, Oct. 30, 2PM-4PM
- Graveyard Hike, Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park: This off-trail, 4-mile hike will take you to a prehistoric Indian burial ground and a pioneer cemetery. Sunday, Oct. 30, 2PM
- Halloween Tram Rides, Slate Run Metro Park: Climb aboard the Metro Park tram and hear stories about all the signs and creatures of the season. At the end, stop by the campfire and roast a marshmallow. Sunday, Oct. 30, 5PM (Please note: The additional times listed in the Metro Park’s Parkscope Magazine are incorrect.)
Even if you cannot make it to one of these events, remember that a walk in the woods at any of the Metro Parks can make for a great fall day.