It's almost Halloween, the time when boos and ghouls go Trick or Treating. In Las Vegas there are so many different activities from which families can choose, from orchards and farms to spooky haunts.Check out a few of the following to find something suitable for your preferences:
- Pumpkin Patch: every family who hasn't been hiding under a rock knows about the Pumpkin Patches in Las Vegas and Henderson. Located in the same sites each year, families can enjoy games, huge inflatables (including a humongous slide) and other themed activities before selecting their very own pumpkins. Apparently "Zombie paintball" happens at some sites! You can't miss them as you drive by. Too much fun.
- McKee Ranch:, 8982 Dean Martin Dr., Las Vegas, NV 89139, (702) 361-9606. The McKee Ranch Pumpkin Patch features pumpkins already gathered from the field You can ride on the wagons, explore the straw or hay bale maze, fire a corn cannon and enjoy some pretty tasty snacks, face painting and pony rides. There aren't that many spots in Las Vegas for kids to be able to check out farm animals!
- Gilcrease Orchard, 7800 N. Tenaya Way, Las Vegas, NV., (702) 409-0655. Gilcrease Orchard offers the opportunity to stroll through a real orchard and vegetable garden, choosing your own seasonal produce. At Halloween, Gilcrease Orchard is transformed into a real pumpkin patch, where you can choose your own pumpkins while you sample their apple cider and delectable hot crispy apple cider donuts. It doesn't get any better than this!
- The Springs Preserve, 333 S. Valley View Blvd., once again offers a family-friendly Haunted Harvest event featuring trick-or-treating, carnival games and live entertainment. For a special touch, at various donation stations run in cooperation with Operation Gratitude, kids also can donate some of their Halloween candy and write thank-you notes to troops stationed overseas Note that costumes are welcome, but adults are not permitted to wear masks.
- Get your scare on at “Sin City Scare Fair,” 121 E. Sunset Road. The attraction features two haunted houses, interactive activities, 3D and otherwise, such as go-kart racing on a haunted track, the chance to experience a “burial simulator” and opportunities to enjoy guest appearances by celebrities. Definitely for the older kids in your family.