Looking for fun this Halloween? Below was a list of activities associated with this pagan ritual. Last year, The 700 Club said it was ok to send children out to trick or treat. The local churches, however have recently replaced this unholy holiday with fall or autumn festivals where no Halloween costumes were allowed. The Bible said this about witchcraft:
Deuteronomy 18: 9-11 (KJV)
9 When thou art come into the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.
11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
2 Chronicles 33:5-7 (KJV)
5 And he built altars for all the host of heaven in the two courts of the house of the Lord.
6 And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger.
7 And he set a carved image, the idol which he had made, in the house of God, of which God had said to David and to Solomon his son, In this house, and in Jerusalem, which I have chosen before all the tribes of Israel, will I put my name for ever.
- Fri., Oct.. 25 p.m. Chamber of Horrors Put on by the Boys & Girls Clubs Alumni Association and terrifying the community for 35 years. 3218 6th Street in the Basement. $6 at the door $4 in advance $3 for members with cards *Not recommended for kids under 6! for more information call 322.2012 or 322.6908
- Fri. Oct. 25-Sat. Oct. 26 Zombieland: A Haunted House at 7 p.m. at Sunrise Optimists 14th Annual Haunted House at the Sunrise Optimists Softball Field Complex by the football stadium.
- Sat., Oct. 26 Autumn Fest at Trinity Presbyterian Church from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the corner of Phillips and Hughes. Huge garage sale and bake sale. Grilled burgers and hot dog lunch.
- Sat., October 26 LIVING WAX MUSEUM at the Wichita Theatre on 10th and Indiana, 723-9037 1:pm to 6:pm Tickets are $7 for children-Adults FREE with a paid child’s admission. Family friendly for all ages (great alternative to scary haunter houses). The entire theatre was to have been transformed into a “living wax museum” featuring over 80 cast members and volunteers. Great photo ops with 12 scenes, Dress Up Zone, Disney Princess Walk, Classic Halloween movies on the big screen and more!
- Sat., Oct. 26 WICHITA FALLS ZOMBIE CRAWL & 5K Downtown Wichita Falls. 322-4525. 5:p.m.- 10 p.m.. Live music, food, art and shopping throughout downtown. Many stores were open late for this fun event.
- Sat. Oct. 26 A LUCY PARK HALLOWEEN from 5 p.m.- 8 p.m.@ Lucy Park. Costume parade and contest, 5 PM(registration at 4:30 PM at log cabin), pumpkin decorating (not carving) contest at6 PM, moonwalk, face painting, balloon sculptures, cake walk, various carnival games.
- Sat., Oct. 26 KELL HOUSE HAUNTED TOURS from 6p.m.-10 p.m. @ Kell House Museum. Tour the Kell House and hear haunted tales of the Victorian residence and its occupants, the Kell family. Also, trick or treat on the front porch from 6-10 PM. Tours are not recommended for children younger than 10 years-old.
- Wed., Oct., 30 Community Fest at Evangel Temple at 6 p.m. There were game booths with prizes and candy at 3800 Barnett Road. there were events like: a cake walk, face painting, hay rides and concessions. Children through age 12 will be given free tickets. Additional tickets and concessions may be purchased.
- Thurs. Oct. 31 News Channel 6 Safe Kids Halloween News Channel 6 and local participating organizations provide a safe alternative for kids on Halloween night! Kids will have the opportunity to gather candy from local businesses and sponsors. This marks the 18th year this fun event has taken place in the Wichita Falls community. Doors opened at 5:30 p. m. for children with special needs and will open to the general public at 6: p.m. Safe Kids Halloween ends at 8:30 p.m. This event will take place at the J.S. Bridwell Ag Center in the Stall Barn.
- Thurs., Oct. 31 Safe Halloween & Open House 6-7 p. m. at Lakeridge Place behind Vernon College in Century City 2649 Plaza Parkway 76308
Other events not associated with Halloween but just as exciting were available for those not in the spirit to spook.
- Fri., October 25 TOP OF TEXAS GALA 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. @ Coyote Ranch Resort Arts, antiques and more. Local and regional artists, antique vendors. $5 is the fee for entry and parking at the fair for the weekend. Presented by the Wichita County Heritage Society.
- Monday, October 28 – January 11 COLTON CANAVA EXHIBIT Northlight Gallery, Kemp Center for the Arts, 1300 Lamar St. kempcenter.org. 767-2787
- Tuesday, October 29 THE PRICE IS RIGHT LIVE STAGE SHOW 7- 9:30 p.m. @ MPEC. To register for a chance to be a contestant, visit registration area at or near the venue box office 3 hours prior to show time. For complete rules and regulations, including eligibility requirements, visit or call the box office at 940-716-5555 or 1000 5th Street.
No one would’ve been bored with all these upcoming events available during an beyond Halloween