Get your spook on this week at the EMP Museum. Seattle's Experience Museum Project has been celebrating Halloween all during the month of October, and the grand finale is this week. Here's a day-by-day planner for all your scary needs:
- Monster Mash - Monday - Bloodcurdling music takes over Sky Church from noon to 1 PM.
- Spooky Scavenger Hunt - Tuesday - Journey through EMP's exhibits and explore the realms of darkness and intrigue to win prizes.
- Haunted Bonus Round - Wednesday - Super spooky gaming on EMP's gigantic Sky Church screen with Luigi's Mansion, Plants vs. Zombies, Ghostbusters: The Video Game and more.
- Creature Feature Screening - Thursday - Dive into cinematic horror with screenings of scary-good cult classics and family-friendly releases such as Dracula, The Addams Family, The Munsters, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and more.
EMP is catering to both kids and adults on Thursday with these two Halloween events:
Monsterfest - Kids Halloween Extravaganza | 2-8 PM - Kids and families are invited to trick-or-treat, make frighteningly fun crafts, enjoy face painting and Monster Mash dance contests. Monsterfest activities in Sky Church are free for all ages. For general museum admission, adults in costume receive $5 off and kids 12 and under are free. Here is the Monsterfest schedule for October 31:
- 2 PM - Hotel Transylvania (2012 computer animated fantasy comedy)
- 3:30 PM - The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (1949 Disney classic)
- 4-8 PM - Trick or treating, dancing and crafts. Hourly dance contests, face painting, trick-or-treat bag trimmings, devilish drawing, pin the nose on the jack-o-lantern, beastly "blood" making, creepy craft creations.
Stephen Kingo (Stephen King Bingo) with Host Tony Kay | 5-8 PM - Get your Kingo on with spooky drink specials, horror trivia and supernatural bingo. Delve into the paranormal with a game inspired by horror author Stephen King. Complete your bingo sheet and win killer prizes by identifying a series of iconic video clips and stills from Carrie, The Shinging, Cuho, It and more. POP Kitchen + Bar, 21+, free.
Now at EMP - Can't Look Away: The Lure of Cult Film
Examine the pivotal role that horror plays in the human experience. Three iconic horror directors—Roger Corman, John Landis, and Eli Roth—have curated a selection of their favorite films, providing a solid foundation on which audiences can safely explore the spectrum of cinematic horror, from its inception at the turn of the 20th century to the present day.
Visitors can view artifacts that include the script from Night of the Living Dead, the alien creature suit from Alien, and Jack Torrance's axe from The Shining; watch interviews with the directors; and scream bloody murder! Interactive highlights include a Scream Booth, Horror Soundscapes, Monster Timeline, and Philip Worthington's interactive shadow monster installation.
Due to the subject matter this exhibition has a suggested rating of PG-13.