This list of non-candy giveaways is great for Hallowe'en, but could be transferrable to some items for other holidays that involve giving small gifts by tradition. So many people tire of giving candy out at the holidays, seeing it as a health risk or dental risk for kids.... or merely just sending the wrong message about health and eating.
Stretch your imagination with these links or just get a giggle at options. Consider that perhaps you can find a similar item close to home.
Here are some ideas with some connecting links, one is FREE. See if you can find it.
- http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HPD22037&gclid=CNK... mini-playdoh
- http://www.overstock.com/Health-Beauty/Medline-Individually-Wrapped-Toot... toothbrushes
- http://www.orientaltrading.com/teaching-supplies-and-stationery/stickers... stickers
- http://www.partycelebration.com/NEON-PARTY-BUBBLES-1-Dozen-p/us7976.htm mini-bubbles
- FREE STENCIL print on cardboard and http://painting.about.com/od/freestencils/a/stencil_hallown.htm (+ a seasonal crayon ?)
- http://www.dollartree.com/office-school/desktop-accessories/Geddes-Anima... pencils
- plastic animals http://www.partycity.com/product/jungle+animals+12ct.do?sortby=ourPicks&... plastic animals
- http://www.partycity.com/product/uno+mini+games+4ct.do?from=Search&cx=0 mini uno
- http://www.ezpartyzone.com/pd-vinyl-jungle-animal-finger-puppets-6-ct.cf... finger puppets
- loose change or pirate coins.
- If you wanted to be clever, you could make up your own mini paper money with your dog or cat as the face on the bill. That would be memorable.
- bandaids ( for real. I met a woman once whose daughter was COVERED in bandaids!!!! and it was explained to me as a fashion option, and the bandaids ( cheap and colorful) were used as "currency" in her home point system for good behaviors.)
- buy crayons or markers in bulk and wrap two or three with a rubberband or colored seasonal ribbon + index cards or paper or make a blank book mark to decorate