Haiti: how you can help and video from Jon Stewart

haiti.jpg

Comments

• Ellis 5 years ago

• walrus 5 years ago

Ellis says:
    "I disagree with your article. 80% of Haiti's population practice Voodoo - Pat Robertson is simply making that point (that's what he does: he comments on spiritual matters). Rush was discussing at the political pandering of Obama (that's what he does: he comments on political matters). In no way have Pat or Rush discouraged Americans from assisting the victims."

keep on telling yourself that throughout your life until you get to the pearly gates, then explain it just the same way you did here...I'm sure they won't notice your hypocrisy.

• James 5 years ago

I was incredibly offended by Rush and Pat Robertson's statements. Some will try to justify it as "that's their job..." or "First Amendment protects their rights to be A-holes..."
    But, we in Houston should appreciate the need for helping one another in a crisis situation. We've had 2 hurricanes in our recent past that taught us that lesson!

What these two media mongers said on the airways was inexcusable. The FCC should step in and ask for an apology...or fine the stations that supported their disgusting remarks. Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" was far less offensive.

• Sara 5 years ago

I regularly watch the 700 Club, but I was disappointed in Pat Robertson's comments. Recognize that the program also posted ways to contribute to the relief effort for Haiti. I think Robertson's comments were not as bad as Mr. Limbaughs. I don't like him very much.

• Tomas 5 years ago

The part I disagree with is that I think Jon Stewart IS hilarious and informative. I'd rather watch him than the news or listen to idiots like Rush or Pat

• Charles 5 years ago

I think Jon Stewart is both funny AND educational. Compare what he is doing to Letterman and Conan / Leno...and you'll find he has a much smarter show. Yes, he's got a liberal slant, but he allows guests to express their side (unless they're complete idiots like Kramer).

I think Freedom of Press and Speech allow Limbaugh and Robertson to prove their stupidity. Enough people must be watching them to support their rampant inhumane crap, so let them watch. Eventually, God willing, it will catch up with them.