Even though NYFW has come and gone, the styles are still very much alive. When it came to shows that were "must sees" the collection from Elizabeth and James was near the top of the list.
Hair Stylist, Mark Townsend, put his skills to work to achieve looks that were exactly what designers Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen wanted. Townsend turned to KMS California styling products to give models a look that was natural, modern and young.
Here are Mark Townsend's steps and the KMS products you'll need to achieve this runway chic look in the comfort of your home:
- To protect hair during styling, apply KMS California Freeshape hot flex creme to damp hair and blow dry as you normally would with a round brush.
- Divide hair into 4-5 sections and spray it with KMS California Freeshape hot flex spray. The spray will add some serious hold and shine without weighing hair down or making it sticky.
- Wrap each section around a 1.5 inch curling iron to create loose waves.
- Apply a dime size amount of KMS California Hairplay design wax to your palms and rake it through your hair to break up the waves and create a more casual look.
- Finally, spray your entire head with KMS California Hairstay maximum hold spray to hold down any flyaways or stubborn strands. You can even spray a natural bristle tooth brush with the spray and run it gently along your hair line for a polished and controlled look.
Follow these tips to achieve the ultimate runway look that's perfect day or night.