Last week's hail storm brought major roof damage to many homes. If your home was impacted, or you think it was, here are a few tips to help you through the process of getting it repaired.
- Call your insurance company right away.
- Get at least 3 quotes from reliable roof companies that are local and have been in business for several years.
- Never sign anything you don't understand. Some roofers insist you sign something before they go on the roof to inspect. Be careful. You may be signing a contract.
- Get your quotes in writing. Don't count on a promise that the company will do the work for "whatever the insurance company will pay".
- If your insurance company resists the claim, or you suspect it might, arrange for a roofer to be at your home at the same time the assessor will be out. Have them go on the roof together.
Check with the Better Business Bureau before hiring a roofer.
to sell or buy, call…