For years, Gwyneth Paltrow has succeeded in being blonde, slender, beautiful and, well, annoying. From her reported insistence on maintaining a low-carb environment in her family to her hours and hours of working out, the woman just seemed too perfect.
In fact, she has the unique honor of earning two titles almost at the same time: People magazine's Most Beautiful Woman in the World and a tabloid's Most Hated Celebrity proclamation.
So when we read a new interview with her in People magazine, we were surprised to discover that Gwyneth actually seems to have some qualities that make her, dare we say it, more human. For example:
- "Last night I had dark-chocolate-covered Oreos," she responded to the question of when she last ate sugar.
- After her pregnancy she wore Spanx. "Sometimes that was it, just Spanx and a T-shirt around the house."
- She indulges in coffee with cream, diets during the day and eats "whatever I want" for dinner. You can get all the details, including recipes, in her new cookbook: "It's All Good: Delicious, Easy Recipes That Will Make You Look Good and Feel Great."
- And although Gwyneth does exercise two hours daily, she says that it's "because I want to enjoy my life and I love pasta."
- A typical treat for her in the evening: Baguette, cheese and a martini. "I don't believe in depriving yourself," she says.
- And about depriving her kids of carbs? "No, no, no. You should see how much bread and pasta we have in our house."
What do you think? Feel better about Gwynie? Post your comments below.