Actress Gwyneth Paltrow has become famed for her regular holistic health-focused newsletters, entitled "goop." In her March 20 newsletter, Gwyneth revealed the benefits of dance cardio and detox cleanse diets for weight loss. We've got the details plus insights below.
If you're hoping to shape up this spring, Gwyneth recommends celebrity trainer Tracy Anderson's new dance cardio DVDs, who "has revolutionized modern fitness with her years of research and ingenuity."
Gwyneth praised in particular "Tracy Anderson: Dance+Cardio," which trains you to use the balance required for dance with fat-burning cardio moves.
How often should you exercise? Gwyneth recommended exercising every day in an interview reported by ABC News on March 20.
I make it part of my life to exercise every day and to try to look after myself.
I try to maintain a healthy, strong body and to look after myself in terms of the food that I’m eating.
The food that she's eating includes her own recipes, detailed in Gwyneth's book "It's All Good: Delicious, Easy Recipes That Will Make You Look Good and Feel Great" (click for details).
However, noted, Gwyneth, she also has "tested every possible cleanse we could get our hands on to reset and detoxify our systems after the long winter."
In particular, Gwyneth advocates following the advice of her own holistic physician, Dr. Alejandro Junger, whom she calls "our detox specialist." He's the author of "Clean -- Expanded Edition: The Revolutionary Program to Restore the Body's Natural Ability to Heal Itself."
Dr. Junger also has a new book coming out in April, "Clean Eats: Over 200 Delicious Recipes to Reset Your Body's Natural Balance and Discover What It Means to Be Truly Healthy." He offers these holistic health tips:
- Do deep breathing or gentle yoga.
- Take a couple of spoonfuls of extra virgin olive oil at night to help stimulate your liver to eliminate bile and keep its circulation flowing.
- If your bowel movements get sluggish, you can accelerate things by drinking half a shot glass of castor oil followed by a glass of water or using a mild herbal laxative. Bowel elimination is paramount for correct detoxification.
- The skin gets rid of many toxins so it is important to sweat, either by exercising or taking a sauna.
- Finally, make sure you eat whole organic foods, which have the best chance of having all the nutrients needed for liver and general detoxification