Palazzo has listed resources available in the event they become necessary.
One of the ways organizations like FEMA, MEMA, the American Red Cross and even the Mississippi Department of Transportation distribute timely information is through use of social media sites like twitter and facebook.
These groups also monitor social media sites to identify storm victims in need of assistance.
Connect using the information below and check out the sites.
Preparedness and Response Tips:
- Develop a Family Communication Plan
- Designate a friend or out-of-state relative to be an emergency point of contact.
- Listen to the radio or television for information
- Secure your home, close storm shutters or board up windows, and secure outdoor objects
- Turn the refrigerator thermostat to its coldest setting and keep doors closed. Turn off utilities if instructed
- Turn off propane tanks
- Avoid using the phone except for emergencies
- Ensure a supply of water for sanitary purposes such as cleaning and flushing toilets. Fill the bathtub and other large containers with water.
Special Needs Preparedness:
- Contact your local emergency management office to be placed on a list of people with disabilities
- Wear medical alert tags or bracelets to help identify your disability
To report a breaking story or a news item, call (256) 738-2200 or drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.