Following the release of a Grand Theft Auto V patch released to the PS3 this morning for GTA Online, Rockstar Games provided details Friday evening on what exactly the patch fixes. Additionally, the developer gave an update on when the Xbox 360 will receive the patch as well.
Rockstar Games says it is "currently working with Microsoft to get this update published for Xbox 360 as soon as possible - we expect it to be live by sometime overnight."
Meanwhile, here is the list of updates that came with the GTA Online patch to the PS3 and will be part of the Xbox 360 update when it is released.
- Fix to address the issue where players were stuck launching a session before the Mall or Nothing race in the online tutorial.
- Fix to address an issue where bank & cash were deleted incorrectly in some cases.
- Fix to address incorrect amounts of cash being dropped when the player dies in Missions and Last Team Standing.
- Fixes an issue where the Character Switch Wheel would disappear after a failed load.
- Fixes an issue where attempting to enter GTA Online via the Character Switch Wheel caused a black screen.
- Fixes an issue where temporary characters were overwriting main characters.
- Fixes an issue where players were losing apartments and the money they spent on them.
- Fixes an issue that caused Story Mode missions to be missed in some instances.
- Removes the autosave that occurred when transitioning into GTA Online from within GTAV Story Mode to prevent the chance of Story Mode saves becoming corrupted.
- Several tweaks to GTA Online including improving overall stability.
Not directly mentioned in the patch is the removal of the ability to immediately replay missions. Those that were able to get into the game before the patch were taking playing the "Violent Duct" mission over and over again to earn $9,000 at a pop in less than two minutes. It's unconfirmed whether the money amount has been dropped but players are definitely not able to simply click a replay button to go again.
You can follow Scott via Facebook, Twitter, RSS feed or email alerts for all the latest game news and deals as well as the weekly Furious Fourcast podcast/videocast. All game news on Examiner can be followed at the Game On Facebook page and Twitter feed.