Update: Patch 1.03 was released to the Xbox 360 Thursday morning.
As mentioned earlier, the patch does address the issues with GTA Online characters being deleted by issues with the servers but also fixes several other issues such as some players becoming stuck in Los Santos Customs during the tutorial.
Aside from the fixes, there is one tweak as well. The death penalty from being killed in a One-on-One match has been reduced but the cost of death in free mode where players have taken to hunting each other at random was not addressed.
Not mentioned in the patch notes is the "nerfing" of the payout of certain missions that were being farmed by players for money. GTA Online players quickly reported that the "Violent Duct" mission payout was dropped from $9,000 to $3,000. Additionally, the ability to replay certain missions such as "Violent Duct" has been removed altogether.
The complete details of the 1.03 patch is below. There's no word from Rockstar on when the Xbox 360 will receive the patch other than "soon."
- Fixes multiple issues causing character deletion or other loss of progress
- Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs
- Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs
- Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike
- Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
- Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo
- Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
- Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby
- Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job
- Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages
- Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killed in a One on One match
As for those that may have lost their characters, the previous recovery instructions from Rockstar still stands.
If you have previously created a character but see an empty character selection screen when entering GTA Online, please back out to GTAV Story Mode and try re-entering GTA Online through the pause menu (repeat or wait until Rockstar cloud servers are back up)," Rockstar wrote on its support site." Do not create a new character in the empty slot where your character should be."
"If you receive the message 'The Rockstar Cloud Servers Are Unavailable', please return to GTAV Story Mode and follow the steps above. Please do not press 'Retry' on the message and do not proceed online with saving disabled, as this may lead to overwriting your existing character."
Rockstar added today that is has not forgotten about lost characters and items and asks that players subscribe to this support article on the developer's website to receive status updates on recovery progress.
You can follow Scott via Facebook, Twitter, RSS feed or email alerts for all the latest game news and deals as well as the weekly Furious Fourcast podcast/videocast. All game news on Examiner can be followed at the Game On Facebook page and Twitter feed.