Rockstar Games released the latest patch to Grand Theft Auto V on the PS3 early Friday morning as the developer continues to address issues with GTA Online. The patch - which will arrive on the Xbox 360 as well - also preps the distribution of the Stimulus Package that will distribute $500,000 in GTA dollars to players.
Official details of the 1.04 patch have not been released yet from Rockstar but members of NeoGAF and GTAForums are both reporting that payouts for completing certain missions that are popular for farming have been reduced by as much as half. However, the cash penalty for death appears to have been reduced as well. The prices of items like ammo, cars and weapons do not appear to have been touched as some have reported though.
The LSC bike glitch that allowed players to resell the bike and make huge amounts have money has reportedly been addressed. It remains to be seen if other car selling glitches have been fixed as well.
Update: Rockstar released the patch notes for today's update.
- Fixes numerous issues that were causing vehicle loss and/or loss of vehicle mods
- Fixes an issue where the incorrect car is replaced when choosing to replace a car in a full garage
- Fixes an exploit allowing players to sell the same vehicle multiple times
- Fixes an issue that caused personal vehicles to be duplicated
- Fixes an issue where some players were unable to pay utility bills on an owned apartment or house
- Fixes an issue where players were not getting Crew invites in-game
- Fixes an issue where the starting point for the tutorial race was not appearing
- Fixes issues with joining Jobs from within a player-owned garage
- Fixes issues with players getting stuck while using playlists
- Fixes additional issues causing black screens, long load times, and players getting stuck in the sky cam
- Adds details in the UI to clarify that characters created while Rockstar cloud is unavailable are temporary (non-saved)
- Adds changes to the character creator to make better-looking default characters with the “random” option
- Players now only lose a maximum of 500 GTA$ upon death in Freemode
For those hoping to see the first GTA$250,000 in their online accounts immediately, Rockstar has not distributed it yet. The first step is to get the patch out on both the PS3 and Xbox 360. The second step will be to distribute the Stimulus Package once the developers can confirm that all of the issues with characters, progress and money have been fixed. Rockstar is currently shooting for early next week according to the latest update.
You can follow Scott via Facebook, Twitter, RSS feed or email alerts for all the latest game news and deals as well as the weekly Furious Fourcast podcast/videocast. All game news on Examiner can be followed at the Game On Facebook page and Twitter feed.