GTA V's multiplayer component for the PS3 and Xbox 360, Grand Theft Auto Online, is still suffering from various issues but Rockstar Games provided an update Wednesday on what has been fixed and what is currently in the work.
Playstation 3 owners might noticed that things improved somewhat this morning as Rockstar Games and Sony resolved an isses that was limiting the amount of possible concurrent users.
Here is the list of the latest outstanding issues that need to be addressed according to Rockstar Games in addition to outstanding issues from overnight.
- There is an issue that is preventing some players from getting through the first tutorial mission across both platforms. Many players have been able to get through this with repeated retries, and we are working on unblocking this for everyone as soon as possible.
- This morning, we experienced some instability across the GTA Online services which is affecting even people who have progressed beyond the tutorial mission. We are identifying these issues now and are working to restore stability for users as soon as possible.
- For the time being and until we have been able to get everybody access to GTA Online and things are running smoothly, we have disabled the option of purchasable GTA$ cash packs. Players can however keep on earning GTA$ by pulling off Jobs and other profitable gameplay activities rather than purchasing cash packs.
- Occasional "Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable" error message
- Freezing sometimes while loading into first race in GTAO with "waiting for other players" on the screen
- Intermittent "Failed to Host a GTA Online Session" error messages
- Race Corona (start area, marker) occasionally not showing up for first race
- Errors saying "Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join"
- Occasional errors about jobs failing to start or load
- General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features (slow loading, failed logins, emails not arriving, etc). For more information on Social Club status, please see: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200357093
- Misc. network and server-related error messages, disconnections, or cloud server errors
- Errors saying "Mission Failed" as soon as the mission begins during a session
The developer stated that it is working around the clock to try and get GTA Online running smoothly but still not mentioned is various user reports that save files are getting corrupted. Nor does it mention reports from this morning that users online characters are being deleted. It is possible that fixing any of the above listed issues will correct one or both of those issues, however.
Until these issues are resolved, it is best to back up your GTA V save file either to a USB storage device or to cloud storage via an Xbox LIVE Gold membership or a PS Plus membership.
You can follow Scott via Facebook, Twitter, RSS feed or email alerts for all the latest game news and deals as well as the weekly Furious Fourcast podcast/videocast. All game news on Examiner can be followed at the Game On Facebook page and Twitter feed.