Rockstar Games have provided more updates regarding the latest patch for “Grand Theft Auto Online.” According to a report from the Rockstar Newswire on Oct. 4, the company disclosed that the development team is “currently working with Microsoft” in order to release the title update for the Xbox 360 version of “GTA 5.” They expect that the patch will be made available for download overnight.
The same title update, which is already available on the Playstation 3, features numerous fixes to some of the issues that plagued the launch of “Grand Theft Auto Online.” One of the biggest problems that have been fixed is the single-player save file being corrupted while launching the multiplayer mode in “GTA 5.” Rockstar Games simply removed the auto-save feature during the transition to prevent the issue from occurring.
Several bugs preventing players from advancing in “Grand Theft Auto Online” (such as being stuck in the tutorial race and missing story missions) have been addressed along with a few other glitches. You can check out some screenshots from the sequel in the slideshow near the top of this article and the change log for the 1.02 title update change below (courtesy of Rockstar Newswire):
- Fix to address the issue where players were stuck launching a session before the Mall or Nothing race in the online tutorial.
- Fix to address an issue where bank & cash were deleted incorrectly in some cases.
- Fix to address incorrect amounts of cash being dropped when the player dies in Missions and Last Team Standing.
- Fixes an issue where the Character Switch Wheel would disappear after a failed load.
- Fixes an issue where attempting to enter GTA Online via the Character Switch Wheel caused a black screen.
- Fixes an issue where temporary characters were overwriting main characters.
- Fixes an issue where players were losing apartments and the money they spent on them.
- Fixes an issue that caused Story Mode missions to be missed in some instances.
- Removes the autosave that occurred when transitioning into GTA Online from within GTAV Story Mode to prevent the chance of Story Mode saves becoming corrupted.
- Several tweaks to GTA Online including improving overall stability.
Rockstar Games is the company responsible for releasing “GTA 5” to the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 consoles on Sept. 17 in addition to launching the “Grand Theft Auto Online” mode on Oct. 1.