If Georges wins his 12th gold belt vs. Johny "Big Rigg" Hendricks this Fall, he has the opportunity to pass four current/future Hall of famers.
- Matt Hughes for # of fights won in the UFC (moving GSP into sole possession of 1st place, right now they are tied)
- Royce Gracie for consecutive wins in the UFC (moving GSP into sole possession of 2nd place, right now they are tied)
- BJ for most Octagon time (moving GSP into 1st place) and career length (not a record but significant considering many think Penn is the LW GOAT)
- Anderson Silva for # of UFC title fights won (move GSP into sole possession of 1st place, right now they are tied)
- Number of wins against opponents that were ranked in the top 10 at the time of the fight (moving GSP into sole possession of 1st place, right now they are tied).
Georges “Rush” St-Pierre (age 32):
- Won 11 UFC title fights (tied for 1st place), 8 of those were defenses (2nd place)
- Georges is guaranteed to be a UFC champion for over 6 years and 3 months (multiple title reigns)(2nd place)
- Georges won 18 fights in the UFC (tied for 1st place)
- St-Pierre has an overall win percentage of .923 (24 wins in 26 fights)
- GSP’s longest consecutive win streak in the UFC was 11 (tied for 2nd place)
Strength of schedule:
- Georges had 13 UFC title bouts (2nd place).
- 58% of the fights in his entire professional career have been for a title (15 title fights out of 26 total fights)
- GSP has 16 wins against opponents that were ranked in the top 5 at the time of the fight (1st place)
- Georges has 16 wins against opponents that were ranked in the top 10 at the time of the fight (tied for 1st place)
- St-Pierre’s record vs. current/future UFC hall of famers is 4 wins and 1 loss (2-0 vs. BJ Penn, and 2-1 vs. Matt Hughes)
- GSP has 6 wins against former UFC champs (Hughes 2x, BJ 2x, Condit, and Serra) Sherk hadn’t been a UFC champion at the time of his fight with Georges.
- He defeated 3 BJJ world medalists (BJ 2x, Serra, Shields), an NCAA D1 national wrestling champ (Kos 2x), the best MMA bottom game (Condit, Diaz), the best MMA top game (Hughes 2x, Fitch, Shields), the best judoka (Karo), the best kickboxers (Alves, Condit), and the best boxers (BJ, Nick) at Welterweight
- He routed seven fighters that have received votes on the Yahoo writers poll for P4P best – including Hughes (2x), Fitch, BJ (2x), Alves, Shields, Condit, and Diaz. No other champ in the history of their P4P poll can say that
- GSP finished the phenomenal double digit win streaks of Fitch (16), Shields (15), and Sherk (12)
Other awesome stats:
- Future hall of famer (first ballot)
- Professional MMA career: 11+ years (January 25, 2002 – TBD)
- Won a total of 5 UFC of the night bonuses: FOTN 3x, SOTN 1x, KOTN 1x
- Rank on the UFC’s official top 10 significant stats lists (most well rounded):
- Total strikes landed - 2,398 (1st place)
- Significant strikes landed - 1,153 (1st place)
- Knockdowns landed - 8 (tied for 8th place)
- Significant strike defense - 75.1% (3rd place)
- Strikes absorbed per minute - 1.27 (tied for 8th place)
- Strike differential - 2.53 (5th place)
- Takedowns landed - 84 (1st place)
- Takedown accuracy - 75% (1st place)
- Takedown defense - 88% (4th place)
- Most guard passes (1st place)
- Submissions attempted - 22 (7th place)
- Total fight time in the UFC – experience in the octagon (tied for 1st place)
St-Pierre won 33 consecutive rounds in the UFC (1st place)
Georges is the only current/future hall of fame legendary champion that can say he holds wins over every opponent he has ever faced (avenged all losses)
All-time bestselling MMA PPV King (and it's not even close)
At UFC 129, he headlined a card that set the North American MMA attendance record and the worldwide live gate record for an MMA event
UFC Compensation: GSP “Game Over” money
And finally, to all tho may criticize him "post surgery"...
Post sugery, GSP won at least as many title fights as prime JDS, Mir, Rua, Lyoto, Evans, Forrest, Rampage, Evan Tanner, Carlos Newton & Pettis have won throughout their entire careers.