November 16, 2011
If you haven't planted your flowers yet, find this flower planting task list.
Anyhow, here is your next task list:
- Water your flowers every other day or so for the first few weeks.
- Thereafter, water deeply a couple of times per week.
- When they were first installed, we put down some fertilizer, if you didn't, do it.
- Fertilize with a liquid fertilizer every two weeks, beginning two weeks out. Any liquid dissolvable fertilizer labeled for 'Flowers' will do. Follow label instructions.
- Ensure flowers stay mulched until the fill in the gaps. Thereafter mulch will be unnecessary, and also impossible to put down.
- Weed by hand once a week. Eventually, once flowers have filled in well, this will not be such a big chore. Something you can do while fetching the mail.
- I just throw the dead weeds on the driveway to shrivel and die.
- Dead head faded and dead blooms.
That pretty much sums up the maintenance side.
Other Resource Articles:
- Winter Flowers: Down and dirty how-to
- Summer Flower Color Installation Examples -- Slide Show
- Gardening Resources & Websites