Intro: The George Foreman electric grill offers you a great option if you'd like to make a grilled filet mignon. This George Foreman recipe combines tasty filet mignon with portobello mushrooms and tiny bit of olive oil. If you're just learning how to grill filet mignon, this might be the recipe to start with.
More Recipes for the George Foreman Grill:
- How to make chicken shish kabobs on the George Foreman Grill
- Turkey club sandwich recipe to make from your Thanksgiving leftovers
- This easy sandwich is a knock out! George Foreman ground turkey slider recipe
Grilled Filet Mignon Recipe the George Foreman Way
With the George Foreman electric grill, it's really, really easy to make filet mignon. And that's saying something for me, considering that I once worked at a restaurant that served them as a regular weekly special, and I never once in the years that I worked there learned how to grill filet mignon.
This George Foreman recipe only calls for some fresh filet mignon, the mushrooms plus a bit of thyme and olive oil. The simplicity of the recipe is also what makes it taste so delish. You aren't masking the flavor of the grilled filet mignon with anything, so the meat's natural goodness can come through.
How to Grill Filet Mignon on the George Foreman Electric Grill
- 1 portobello mushroom, medium-size, remove the stem and scrap the gills clean
- 1 tsp chopped thyme, fresh
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 (4-oz) filet mignon steaks
- pepper, kosher salt
Instructions for the Grilled Filet Mignon Recipe:
- Turn your George Foreman electric grill on medium-high.
- Put the portobello on the grill and allow it to cook for 10 minutes. It should be tender when you take it off the grill.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and then cut it into strips.
- Put it into a small bowl and season it further with the thyme. Cover it with foil to help the grilled portobello stay warm.
- Treat the steaks with olive oil and seasonings.
- Put on the Foreman electric grill and cook for six minutes.
- Take the steaks off the grill.
Tips for the Grilled Filet Mignon Recipe:
- Serve with some salad greens with a light dressing.