Salad season is approaching but this one works any time of year or season. The roasted garlic and homemade dressing add a special and wonderful fullness to the salad. A loaf of fresh and crusty bread ripped into pieces and served on the side adds to this delightful meal.
This chicken recipe is prepared on the grill but it can also be cooked in a stovetop grill pan.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons dry Montreal chicken seasoning*
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 cups (8 ounces) Romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Combine 1 teaspoon oil and garlic in the center of a 12" square sheet of aluminum foil. Bring corners of foil together and twist closed. Place foil packet on grill over indirect heat. Roast 20 minutes or until garlic is softened. Cool in foil.
- Brush chicken with remaining oil and sprinkle with seasoning. Grill over direct heat, turning once, until meat thermometer inserted into center reads 165°. Transfer to cut board and allow to set for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze roasted garlic into a small bowl. Mash.
- Stir in mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon water, lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Slice chicken and set aside.
- Arrange lettuce on serving platter. Top with artichoke hearts, tomatoes, chicken and croutons.
- Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
*Contains salt, pepper, onion, garlic, red pepper, thyme, rosemary and coriander spices.