The weather's getting pretty nice and it's tempting to spend time outdoors. But we're expecting some rain this weekend. And there's an amazing amount of theatre going on in the upstate, so take a break inside for a couple of hours - enjoy one of these shows.
There's something for everyone - kid's shows, comedies, a tiny, intimate play called Les Mis, and a smash hit musical that just happens to feature your humble correspondent in a supporting role.
Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp
- Spartanburg Youth Theatre
- Friday at 4:30 pm & 7 pm, Saturday at 2 pm
- The classic story of a boy, a princess, and a genie.
Barefoot in the Park
- Greenville Little Theatre
- Friday & Saturday at 8 pm
- A wonderful cast in one of Neil Simon's most charming comedies.
Bye Bye Birdie
- Thursday, Friday & Saturday at 7:30 pm, Sunday at 3 pm
- "Put on a happy face" as you find out exactly "what's wrong with these kids today..."
- Centre Stage
- Thursday & Friday at 8 pm, Saturday at 3 pm & 8 pm, Sunday at 3 pm
- Utterly fantastic staging of the infectiously fun musical. This reporter could possibly be biased because he appears as Wilbur Turnblad in this production.
- Tryon Little Theater
- Thursday - Saturday at 8 pm, Sunday at 3 pm
- Farce by cartoonist/playwright Jules Pfeiffer described as "part metaphysics, part Groucho Marx."
- Peace Center
- Thursday at 7:30 pm, Friday at 8 pm, Saturday at 2 pm & 8 pm, Sunday at 2 pm & 7:30 pm
- Maybe you've heard of this, one of the longest-running Broadway shows ever.
- Flat Rock Playhouse
- Thursday at 2 pm & 8 pm, Friday at 8 pm, Saturday at 2 pm & 8 pm, Sunday at 2 pm
- World premiere production of a tribute to the music of Rodgers & Hammerstein.
Get info on upcoming shows and audtions at Upstate Onstage.