Don’t leave your body in a pinch this St. Patrick’s Day. Stock up on green fruits and veggies to boost your immune system, antioxidants and overall good health. Pressed juices are still a thing of the present and shops are popping up all over town offering every color of the rainbow in fresh juices.
Nekter Juice Bar’s newest location in West Hollywood features a full menu of RAW, vegan and gluten-free juice blends, smoothies and cleanses. The Greenie, Nekter’s signature drink is loaded with some of the best nutrient rich and appetite suppressant produce including parsley, spinach, kale, celery, cucumber, and lemon with a touch of apple to sweeten the deal. The juice bar also offers raw nut milk smoothies, wheat grass and ginger shots, and acai bowls. Fresh juice concoctions and smoothies are just $4.75 for a 16-ounce serving. Nekter also offers free delivery within a five-mile radius.
Spice, and everything nice.
If you prefer zest, spice and piquancy, the Ritual Wellness' Spicy Greens juice is probably the right choice for you. This powerhouse concotion combines the nutritional ingredients of romaine, cucumber, celery, pineapple and lime with the potent flavors of parsley, ginger and turmeric. Each ingredient is carefully selected for various health benefits:
- Cucumber's levels of potassium, magnesium and silica, helps promote joint health.
- Ginger’s soothing effects help combat upset stomachs as well as help the body with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Tumeric, long used in Chinese medicine, aids in boosting metabolism, weight loss, serves as a liver detoxifier.
- Pineapple is rich in bromelain aiding in digestion, while decreasing inflammation and reducing puffiness.
- Celery, a natural diuretic, reduces blood pressure and lowers cholesterol.
- Parsley helps fight cancer tumors.
- Lime is high in antioxidants and Vitamin C aiding in digestion.
- Romaine lettuce, low in calories and high in potassium, can help muscle and heart strength.
A green goddess feast.
Moon Juice is a cold pressed, 100% organic juice and nut milk shop in Venice. Its Goodness Greens drink is loaded with enzymes, vitamins, trace minerals and the closest thing you’re going to get to 3 pounds of raw, 100% organic ingredients. For alkalizing, healing, stimulating and mood lifting “magic”, one bottle of Goodness Greens includes kale, dandelion, parsley, spinach and celery. Keep a few in the refrigerator – these juices will be nutritionally stable and will not ferment for a good 3-4 days.
A spin on green.
You can only drink so many green salads from a bottle. Urban Remedy features green juices with a different taste:
- For healthy digestion and a heavenly taste check out Support featuring fennel, cucumber, apple, lemon, mint and ginger.
- Refresh is an oxygen rich, green lemonade infused with chlorophyll, which is beneficial for deep detoxification.
- Clear is power-packed with burdock root for added blood purification.
- Ensalada’s veggie-packed juice with cucumber, celery, parsley, spinach, kale, carrot, jewel yam and lettuce, helps to brighten the skin and cleanse the blood.
Juicing at home. Grab your apron and check out these convenient tools, tips and resources: