Skip the plastic surgery and have a cup of green tea instead.
Studies have shown that drinking one cup of green tea per day can result in remarkable health benefits.
The key to some of these amazing health benefits are polyphenols, which are antioxidants known to fight and neutralize free radicals. Free radicals attack healthy cells and destroy them from the inside by disrupting their DNA structure, which can lead to cancer and other diseases. Polyphenols effectively prevent this process.
The natural ingredients in green tea can also have a remarkable effect on your how you respond physically to the aging process, in effect slowing it down and helping you maintain your youthfulness for a longer period of time.
Some of the many benefits of adding green tea to your diet include:
- Weight loss- a natural stimulant, green tea can boost your metabolism, effectively helping you burn more calories and lose weight.
- Decreasing the risk of cancer- green tea has been shown to reduce the risk for many types of cancer, including breast, lung, esophageal and pancreatic.
- Lowering cholesterol- green tea reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) and raises good cholesterol (HDL) levels.
- Reducing inflammation- a natural anti-inflammatory, green tea can help alleviate rheumatoid arthritis.
- Slowing down the aging process- the polyphenols in green tea fight free radicals and prevent them from destroying healthy cells, which is one of the major causes of aging.