Green T-Toxing Smoothie
The results have been in for years: Green tea is the super food with an incredible amount of dietary and nutritional benefits. Simply start your day out with a cup of green tea to notice immediate results.
The following is a list of incredible benefits that green tea provides for the body:
• Known to help destroy cancer cells; promotes healthy cell growth.
• Rich in antioxidants; high levels of Catechins , which fight/prevent cell damage.
• Aids in lowering cholesterol and improving blood flow/circulation.
• Helps with heart-related issues; congestive heart failure, high blood pressure issues.
• Theanine (amino acid) provides calming effects.
• Excellent stimulant for the brain:
o Promotes circulation for healthy blood vessels.
o Increases activity in the working-memory area of their brains.
o Shown to help block the formation of plaques that are linked to Alzheimer’s.
• Assists in weight loss and Diabetes control:
o Stabilizes blood sugar
o Catechins lower cholesterol and blood pressure
o Protects against damages from diets consisting of high-fat
o Increases / can change metabolism by burning higher amounts of calories from fat.
o Helps keep the weigh off after you have done the hard work to shed the pounds.
o Tasty replacement for sugary drinks (an average of 1-2 cups of tea in place of soda accounts for an annual caloric intake of over 50,000 calories = more than 15 lbs.)
Directions for the T-Toxing Smoothie:
Add the following ingredients, in the order provided, to your blender or extractor.
Blend to desired consistency:
1 orange, peeled and quartered
1 lemon, peeled and quartered
1 cup chilled, unsweetened green tea
1 cup alfalfa sprouts or wheat grass (not compacted)
2 cups spinach
4-5 ice-cubes (optional)
• Add water to achieve desired consistency.
• Dark, leafy green vegetables are high in fiber; they are an excellent source for the relief of constipation or hemorrhoids.
• Oranges add natural sweetness and additional fiber.
• CAUTION: If you are experiencing an agitated digestive system, the fiber content in whole fruits and vegetables may add further stress. However, by extracting plant foods it can aid in replenishing nutrients lost in diarrhea, while making it easier for your body to break down the food sources and absorb them quickly.
• For diabetic or weight issues, ingesting more high fiber fruits, vegetables, and legumes (leafy greens, cabbage, berries, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, apples, and beans) help combat free radicals.
• Soluble fiber (once in the intestines) slows the absorption of sugars in the blood – allowing the body to feel full and limiting insulin spikes.
• Always consult your physician if you have special diet or health related issues.
For more information and local places to shop for healthy foods, click on any of the following links:
• Boise Co-Op
• Whole Foods Market
• Brown Box Organics
• The Organic Store Locator
• Learn more about fiber benefits by clicking on the WebMD link in this sentence.
• Learn more about Alzheimer's disease by clicking on the link in this sentence.
• Learn more about green tea and Catechins by clicking on the link provided in this sentence.
From my home to yours: another favorite recipe - enjoyed with nutrition in mind.