On March 18, 2014, Manalapan health Examiner Stacey Chillemi interviewed JJ Smith the author of the "10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse." This book offers an easy-to-follow plan that jump-starts weight loss, increases energy level, clears the mind, and improves overall health.
Last year, JJ Smith was bedridden with mercury poisoning, believed to be from her silver dental fillings. A long and slow recovery prompted her to research how to get her health and energy back, as well as lose the twenty pounds she had gained while bedridden. She created a 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse Detox plan after learning how raw greens can heal the body. She enlisted ten of her family members and friends to do it with her for support. Then she shared what she was doing on Facebook and within two months, over 15,000 people also decided to do the cleanse with JJ.
The results were phenomenal. In just ten days, folks were losing ten to fifteen pounds, getting energized, reversing health conditions, and feeling better than they had in years.
The program is described in her new book, 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse -- a ten-day detox/cleanse made up of green leafy veggies, fruit, and water.
JJ says, “Green smoothies are filling and healthy, and you will enjoy drinking them. Your body will also thank you for drinking them. You can expect to lose some weight, increase your energy levels, reduce your cravings, clear your mind, and improve your digestion and overall health. It is an experience that will change your life if you stick with it!”
For anyone who wants to reclaim their health and lose weight, here’s how to incorporate green smoothies into your daily regimen.
- Pick a Green Smoothie Recipe and Purchase your Ingredients: Green smoothies are surprisingly simple, consisting of raw organic fruit, raw organic leafy greens, and liquid (water, almond milk, etc). The recommended fruit to greens ratio is 6:4. Once you select a green smoothie recipe, purchase your greens and fruit. You can choose one of the milder-taster greens such as spinach, kale or Swiss chard. Feel free to use frozen fruit instead of fresh fruit. Frozen fruit is cheaper and has just as much, if not more, of the nutritional value of fresh fruit. Also, fresh fruit can go bad within a few days, but you won’t have this problem with frozen fruit.
- Replace One Meal A Day with Green Smoothies: Replacing one meal per day (ideally breakfast or lunch) with a green smoothie will help you receive both health and weight loss benefits. Green smoothies will give your body the quality nutrition it needs while cleansing your cells and insides. Green smoothies add a lot of nutrition to your body and will stave off unhealthy cravings. Green smoothies are loaded with beneficial vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory substances, phytonutrients, fiber and water. They are also stuffed with chlorophyll, which is similar in structure to the hemoglobin in human blood. Green smoothies are low in calories and high in nutrients which means you can drink them in abundance without fear of gaining weight. You can add also add some protein and chia seeds/flaxseeds to ensure it is a complete meal of protein, carbs and healthy fats.
Here the ingredients for some sample recipes:
- 2 cups fresh spinach, packed
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 2 cups frozen peaches
- 2 bananas, peeled
- 1½ packets stevia
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- OPTIONAL: 1 scoop of protein powder
- 2 handfuls spring mix greens
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 ½ cups pineapple chunks
- 1½ cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 3 packets stevia
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
OPTIONAL: 1 scoop of protein powder
Enjoy Your New found Energy and Vibrant, Radiant Health
When you start drinking green smoothies, one of the first places where you’ll see changes is in the quality of your skin. Your skin will become supple, and acne will clear up. Your eyes will become brighter and begin to sparkle. The dark circles and puffiness will diminish as will the yellowness in the whites of your eyes. On the inside of your body, your cells will become rejuvenated as well, causing your organs to function more efficiently.
About the author: JJ Smith is a nutritionist and certified weight-loss expert who has been featured on The Steve Harvey Show, The Montel Williams Show and The Jamie Foxx Show and on the NBC, FOX, CBS, and CW Network television stations, as well as in the pages of Glamour, Essence, and Ladies Home Journal. Since reclaiming her health, losing weight, and discovering a “second youth” in her forties, bestselling author JJ Smith has become the voice of inspiration to those who want to lose weight, be healthy, and get their sexy back!
More information can be found at www.JJSmithOnline.com.