Happy New Year!
As is typical of we in GreaterJax™, when it comes to celebrating the New Year, there’s a little something for everyone.
Need something early-ish and very family friendly?
Try Noon Year’s Eve at the Jacksonville Zoo?
Want to experience New Years as you can only here?
Head to Fleming Island for Whitey’s Biggest & Best New Year’s Bash Ever at Whitey’s Fish Camp on Swimming Pen Creek.
If elegant and pricey is in your budget, head for Amelia Island and the New Year’s Eve Black & White Masquerade Ball at the Ritz-Cartlton.
A fancy homage to the Jay Gatsby’s Roaring Twenties, $195 per person gets you much more tone and polish than you’ll pay.
Add seafood and champagne and masked ballroom dancing, and you get the picture.
Read on for the details.
- Afternoon New Year’s Eve Party – Tues., Dec. 31, 2-4 p.m. Palm Coast VFW, 47 Old Kings Rd., Palm Coast, Fla. Admission: $12. Hors d’oeurves, drinks, music and dancing. Join your friends to celebrate, share stories, have fun and party. For more information, please call 386-446-8696.
- Beach Blast Off – Mon., Dec. 30 & Tues., Dec. 31, fireworks 8:30 p.m. on New Year’s Eve. St. Augustine Beach Pier & Pavilion, 350 Florida A1A, St. Augustine Beach, Fla. Admission: FREE & open to the public. For more information, please call 904-829-568 or visit www.beachblastoff.com.
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve – Tues., Dec. 6 p.m. Columbian Club, 51 Old Kings Rd., Palm Coast, Fla. Admission: $65, reservations suggested. Enjoy a delicious dinner and dance the night away with entertainment by Wild Hearts, featuring Lynne Moore. A continental breakfast will be served at 1 a.m. For more information, please call 386-446-5632.
- City of Jacksonville’s Fireworks Spectacular – Midnight, Tues., Dec. 31. Downtown Jacksonville, Fla. Admission: FREE & open to the public.
- Downtown Palatka Radio Show – Thurs., Jan. 2, 5- 6 p.m., WIYD 1260AM or WPLK 800AM. Admission: FREE & open to the public. A mix of music and talk featuring downtown news and events, special guests and our featured sponsors. Listen for the Secret Mural of the Week to increase the value of coupons in the Palatka Daily News (Thursday's paper). For more information, please visit, www.palatkadowntown.com.
- Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra’s Toast to the New Year – Tues., Dec. 31, 8:30 p.m. Times-Union Center, 300 Water St., Jacksonville, Fla. Admission: $150 Tickets include reserved ticket, valet parking and reserved seating at the after party, $100 tickets, Reserved $75. Ring in the New Year while you enjoy a sparkling program of symphonic favorites, along with the soaring tenor voice of Mike Eldred. The party continues overlooking the St. Johns River with live music and dancing courtesy of the Marc Dickman Jazz Quintet. For more information, please visit www.jaxsymphony.org.
- New Year’s Eve Black & White Masquerade Ball – Tues., Dec. 31, 9 p.m.-2 a.m. Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, 4750 Amelia Island Pkwy., Amelia Island, Fla. Admission: $195 per adult, includes service charge. Welcome the New Year and celebrate the Gatsby era of the Roaring Twenties with luxurious food buffets including Bloody Mary oyster shooters, sous vide Lobster & Caja China Suckling Pig. Enjoy live music and dancing, open bar and fireworks. Black and white attire is encouraged. Masks provided or bring your own. For more information, please call 904-277-1100 or visit www.ritzcarlton.com/ameliaisland.com.
- Noon Year’s Eve – Tues., Dec. 31, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens, 370 Zoo Pkwy, Jacksonville, Fla. Admission: FREE with regular zoo admission. A kid-friendly New Year’s celebration. Count down the hours with live entertainment, games, prizes and an apple juice toast at noon. For more information, please call 904-757-4463 or visit www.jacksonvillezoo.org.
- Whitey’s Biggest & Best New Year’s Bash Ever – Tues., Dec. 31, call for times. Whitey’s Fish Camp, 2032 CR 220, Fleming Island, Fla. Admission: $15 per person, reserve a table for 4 for $20. Party to the music of the Boogie Freaks. Give-aways, champagne toast, balloon drop, full breakfast at midnight. Come by boat & stay all night. Make your reservations early. For more information, please call 904-264-4198.
©2013 All rights reserved.
OFFICIAL BIO: K Truitt is a second-generation, native Floridian born in Jacksonville. Truitt worked in public higher education for 25 years and knows newspaper publishing, printing and graphic design. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org