Spending money on eyeglasses and contact lenses seems to cost a fortune at the retail outlets and doctor’s office. Most shoppers don’t realize that they have the opportunity to skip the doctor’s office or the retail store for a number of less expensive alternatives online.
Most of us don’t realize that an annual eye exam is covered by regular health insurance. You may be surprised if you check with your health insurance provider to find out most will cover an eye exam. Although you may have to submit the claim yourself, it doesn’t hurt to call if it will save you in the long run.
Eyeglass prescriptions can cost on average as much as $250 for a pair of glasses. If you check around online due to the volume of sales and little overhead, websites are able to sell lenses, frames, sunglasses and contact lenses at large discounted prices.
Before purchasing glasses or contacts online there are several things you will need to have in order to get a pair of discount glasses.
1. You will need a valid prescription from your doctor for glasses or contacts.
2. Pupillary distance Find this out when having your eyes examined, ask your doctor to write down the number. (The websites normally give instructions for measuring as well.)
3. Lenses – Figure out if you will need a bifocal, trifocal or standard lens for glasses.
4. Frame Style – No what looks best on you, many of the sites will allow you to virtually try on glasses through webcam or photo upload.
5. Insurance – if you have insurance for frames and lenses learn if you can submit your claim and how to do so for reimbursement charges.
6. Shipping, returns and safe shopping – learn what are the best sites for shopping for glasses and contacts, do they offer free shipping and no hassle returns, and do they have a good reputation?
Best places to buy glasses online:
AC Lens – Offers free shipping and free returns on any glasses and free shipping on all orders over $99. They carry a wide variety of contact lenses, glasses, sunglasses, reading glasses and eyecare accessories. Their contact lenses are up to 70% off of retail.
39Dollarglasses.com – Most glasses start at $39 including frames and lenses, plus there are many styles and designers to choose from. The site has an exact fit try on so you can see how any of the glasses or sunglasses will look on you before you purchase them. The site is very helpful when it comes to purchasing glasses online. View current specials and designer styles here.
America’s Best Eyeglasses and Contact Lenses – Save money on eyeglasses and contact lenses and enjoy the convenience of ordering online. They carry a complete selection of lenses and offer free shipping. Plus you can schedule and eye exam online with a location near your home. Check out the Eyecare Club for special savings, benefits and discounts learn more here.
Bestbuyeyeglasses.com – They carry top brands, lots of coupons and discounts, and quality eyewear for the entire family. The site will walk you through ordering online and offers free shipping in the United States. Check out the current deals and styles of eyeglasses available.
Discountcontactlenses.com - Just like the name says you can save on name brand contact lenses. Discount contacts has been selling online for over 10 years and you can be sure that the lenses that we stock in our custom-built warehouse are the same ones prescribed to you by your doctor. View current deals and free shipping offers.
Firmoo - One of the world's most popular online glasses stores offering top quality eyewear at competitive prices. Check out the current deals and specials going on and learn more.
Less expensive glasses do not necessarily mean cheap glasses, most of the sites carry designer brands and offer prices more than half of what retail stores do.
Subscribe to my Examiner Pages and Blogs for More Fun Stuff
· Be sure to follow me on my Facebook Page
For more project ideas and fun
Free Online Classes: