Ottawa-Gatineau area players who watched the Open Championship and wondered how they can get to play on courses in the U.K. are invited to check out the trip to Scotland that Executive Golf just put in its travel bag of events.
The virtual golf club is taking names of players for a weeklong golfing adventure to Scotland from Oct. 18-25 2015 for its members and non-members who dream of teeing it up in the country where golf was born.
“The first 20 men and women to register are in,” said Andy Rajhathy, vice-president of Executive Golf. “It will be spectacular week of sightseeing and the golf includes playing some of the courses on the Open Championship’s yearly rotation.”
There will be eight rounds happening on the tracks of Kilspindie, North Berwick, Muirfied, Gullane No. 1, Carnoustie, the New Course and the Old Course (based on availability).
“We'll need to apply to get the tee times on the Old Course,” said Rajhathy.
The players will kick back and relax in four-star hotels for the seven nights.
“We’ll be staying at the Bonham Hotel in Edinburgh and the Scores Hotel in St. Andrews,” Rajhathy said. “Breakfast is included and a luxury coach will transport us everywhere we need to be from the moment we arrive to the moment we depart.”
Here’s the preliminary itinerary:
- Oct. 18 - Departure from Ottawa airport
- Oct. 19 - Arrival in Scotland
- Oct. 20 - Golf
- Oct. 21 - Golf
- Oct. 22 - Golf
- Oct. 23 - Golf
- Oct. 24 - Golf
- Oct. 25 - Scottish breakfast, departure from Scotland
The travelling golfers can pick their playing formats, which are social - partner scramble/best ball format and competitive - Slammer Tour match-play format.
For more details, e-mail email@example.com.
OTTAWA SUN SCRAMBLE COMING UP SOON
The Royal Oak Kickoff Day and Regimbal Media Challenge get things rolling at Falcon Ridge Golf Club on Aug. 8 to officially begin this year’s Ottawa Sun Scramble.
Conducted by Executive Golf, the Ottawa-Gatineau region’s largest golf event features men, women and juniors competing in 11 divisions that offer players of all calibres a shot at a championship.
Here’s the division breakdown:
- Flagstick Men’s Open – For the region’s top players
- Ladies Open – For the region’s top players
- Seniors Open – For players age 50 and up
- Junior Open – For players age 18 and under
- GolfWorks A – For players with 78 to 84 scoring average
- Promomedia B – For players with 85-91 scoring average
- Absolute Comedy C – For players with 92-99 scoring average
- Flashpoint D – For players with 100 and up scoring average
- Ladies B – For players with 85-94 scoring average
- Ladies C – For player with 95 and up scoring average
- Regimbal Cup – For members of the media
For details, visit http://www.ottawasunscramble.com/ottawasunscramble-registration.html.
Subscribe to Ron Patey’s Examiner.com golf coverage free of charge by clicking on the subscribe icon near the top of the column, after which you will receive an e-mail notification each time a new report is posted.