Cleveland, Ohio’s Great Lakes Brewing Company is expanding their New Jersey presence, inking two new distribution deals to make their products available throughout the Central and Northern parts of the state. While GLBC already serves Southern NJ, they will enter the Central region via Shore Point Distributing on April 8 and Northern areas through Kohler Distributing Company on April 22.
The initial roll-out will feature the brewery’s year-round lineup, as well as a sampler 12-pack to help people become acquainted with their top-flight selection of ales and lagers. Locals should also keep their eyes peeled for launch events at local bars and restaurants throughout the new territories.
Commercial descriptions for Great Lakes’ year-round selection:
- Burning River Pale Ale - An assertively hopped American pale ale with citrusy and piney Cascade hops
- Commodore Perry IPA - A medium-bodied and well-hopped India pale ale with a dry, fruity finish
- Dortmunder Gold Lager - A smooth lager that strikes a delicate balance between sweet malt and dry hop flavors
- Edmund Fitzgerald Porter - A complex, roasty porter with a bittersweet, chocolate-coffee taste and bold hop presence
- Elliot Ness Amber Lager - An amber lager with rich, fragrant malt flavors balanced by crisp noble hops