This is the time of year we remember our neighbors and friends and offer gifts. There are thousand of ideas on Pinterest trying to make the old ideas new again. What about giving things that may be healthier and still fun? Here are a few ideas on how to make quick easy ideas for gifts.
- Peanut butter this may seem unusual as a gift but may be a great gift among all the desserts and memorable. To make home made peanut butter is very simple. Using a food processor or a high powered blender making peanut will take about 5 minutes. It may take a little longer if your processor is not as high powered equipment. All you need is the peanuts, any type of nut will work and is a great variety to try, throw them in the processor. Blend the nuts once ground you can add a little coca, for a Nutella effect, or honey, or oil to finish off the peanut butter. Put the finished product in a nice jar deliver as is or with a side of homemade whole wheat bread and jelly or honey, to give it a give a complete meal.
- Homemade bread is a great gift to give. One batch and you can have everyone's loaf done at once. Whether you make whole wheat, french bread, or sourdough people are bound to love homemade bread at the holidays. Instead of using a full loaf pan, use smaller pans to make individual loafs.
- Smoothie mix: What a great way to give something fresh and healthy to people. In a jar throw in the different fruits and vegetables with yogurt or tofu, a note to add water, ice, or milk. This will give them a great breakfast for Christmas morning.
- Fruit basket is a beautiful elegant way of saying Merry Christmas to your neighbors and friends or even clients. This is a treat that can be a quick or time consuming as you would like to make it. You can get very fancy and adding as many different types of fruit as possible with chocolate and cookies added in or keep it simple with a smaller gift. Either way people are sure to love getting these as a gift.
- Hummus takes about 5 minutes to make and is cheap. This is something that is easily done and can be divided up into containers and delivered quickly. This is also a great gift if you have several people on your list that may have different allergies like dairy or gluten as it is a very friendly and healthy option.
Try dropping off a treat that will be different and welcomed this holiday season.