In the Bricktown District of Oklahoma City sits Fuzzy's Taco Shop, a cute little joint, that serves up some great Mexican food. Standing outside it may look like just another chain restaurant, packed with people ordering food at a counter and taking a tray to a seat. However, don't be fooled by appearances. Inside, Fuzzy's is serving up some great eats that will quickly become addictive.
Here's how Fuzzy's works:
- Walk up to the counter and attempt to decide what to order. The menu offers an excellent selection and narrowing down options is tough. Offerings like queso and guacamole might be standard fair for a taco shop, but offerings also include baja tacos (garnished with feta & special sauce), tempura shrimp or fish burritos, tamales, and so much more.
- Once a decision has been made, place the order.
- Find a table. Tables are cleared and cleaned quickly and efficiently as guests leave. During the summer months patio seating overlooking the waterway is available offering great views while enjoying a meal and drinks. The winter months brings everyone inside to a boisterous and fun atmosphere.
- Order numbers are yelled out and customers return to the counter for pick up.
- Prepare to fall in love with Fuzzy's and join 1,000s of others that agree.
Alcoholic beverages are also available and ordered at a separate counter. Huge margaritas and beers seem to be the drinks of choice.
The food is fresh, tasty, and prepared quickly and, best of all, the prices are very budget friendly. The restaurant is loud and busy, but has a great, fun vibe. It is perfect for families, teens, and groups.
Fuzzy's Taco Shop are found in 11 states at 60 different locations. The concentration of shops are in Texas and Oklahoma with a smattering of locations in surrounding states.