Xbox 360 users who own a console manufactured or refurbished between 2006 and 2008 are reporting freezing issues while playing Grand Theft Auto V, subsequently causing the system to crash.
Several possible solutions are currently being tossed around (albeit with little success), according to Kotaku. So far, the most effective way to deal with this problem -- given by Xbox Live support -- is to:
- Delete all Grand Theft Auto V game data.
- Clear system cache three times.
- Delete marketplace data from storage system items.
- Unplug console for three minutes.
- Install disc 1 (Install disc).
- Power off without installing disc 2.
- Restart the console.
- Install disc 2 (Play disc).
We've reached out to Rockstar for a confirmation on the issue and will update this story when more information is available. Until then, tell us, have you experienced any similar problems with Grand Theft Auto V? If so, let us know if you've come across any other solutions in the comments below.