It’s that time again for the 44th Annual Grand Rapids Bridal Show, the largest and longest running bridal show in West Michigan. This expo brings in over 100 wedding professionals offering coupons, special discounts, and over $7,000 worth of door prizes!
Tickets are normally $5.00 a person at the door but you can sign up to receive one free ticket here: http://bit.ly/18lYDTG. If you need more than one free ticket, just register again. By registering ahead of time you’ll also be automatically entered into the drawing to win a door prize! To see a list of door prizes, click here: http://www.grbridalshow.com/prizes.html.
303 Monroe Ave NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Friday January 10th, 2014 from 5:00pm to 9:00pm and Saturday, January 11th, 2014 from 11:00am to 5:00pm
Tips for attending the show:
- Pre-register. Save yourself some money and get a free ticket.
- Bring address labels. There are so many “fill out this form to enter” that you’re hand will fall off by hand-writing the same information over and over again. Plus, there are so many brides all trying to fill out those forms, you’ll save yourself lots of time by just peeling, sticking and moving on to the next vendor.
- Email spam. Because many of those entry forms ask for your email address, you’re going to start getting tons of spam email from all of those vendors.
- Grab a free bag on your way in. This keepsake bag is great to have when you’re collecting vendor information and coupons—you’ll be glad you have it.
- Make a day of it. Dress comfortably; you’ll be doing a lot of walking on concrete floor. Whether you’re at the expo for an hour or multiple, you might as well as stay in downtown Grand Rapids and grab lunch or go shopping!
- Beware of scams. Don’t believe you won a free anything before you verify it’s for real. Last year I attended the Grand Rapids Bridal Show and soon afterwards I receive 3 phone calls inviting me to attend a free cookware presentation by Bella Bridal and if I attended I would receive a free honeymoon. I quickly Googled it to see what I could find and the search results were flooded with the word SCAM.
Overall, its a great bridal show to go and get information on everything from reception sites to vendors and honeymoon packages. Just keep in mind that most vendors are from the Grand Rapids area and may charge you extra for transportation if they have to travel over 30-45 minutes to get to your wedding.