If you're in the mood for a juicy burger loaded with cheese, go grab some buns! It's National Double-Cheeseburger Day! Imagine biting into not one, but two delicious patties dripping with ooey, gooey cheese! Legend has it that foodie John-Bryan Hopkins of Foodimentary, "invented" National Double Cheeseburger Day, which is observed each year on Sept. 15.
Whether you prefer yours loaded with all the trimmings, hot off the grill or at your favorite restaurant, folks have been enjoying cheeseburgers since they were "invented" back in the 1920s.
In honor of National Double-Cheeseburger Day, why not celebrate this delicious day with one or two of the recipes listed below?
Double Cheeseburger Recipes
- Double Chili Cheeseburger with Grilled Onions - This 5-star recipe, from Emeril Lagasse, calls for ground beef, yellow onions, spices, peeled tomatoes, sugar, tomato paste, cheddar cheese, hamburger buns.
- Top Secret In-n- Out Double Double Cheeseburger - You'll be seeing double with this "secret" recipe.
- Double Kraut-Double Cheese Burgers - This doubly-tasty recipe calls for ground beef, bacon, extra sharp Cheddar, white Cheddar, hamburger buns, mayonnaise and sauerkraut.
- Stacked Double Cheeseburger - This recipe calls for ground steak, Worcestershire sauce, onion, Dijon mustard, tomato, lettuce, mayo, ketchup, gherkins and crusty buns.
- Bron-N-Shaq Dunkadelic Double Stacked Cheeseburger Recipe - Just like Shaq and LeBron James likes 'em!
- Smoky Double Cheeseburger - You'll need ground beef round or sirloin, onion, eggs, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, smoked cheddar cheese, Asiago or Parmesan cheese, relish and watercress or arugula leaves.
- Bacon and Double Cheeseburger Loaf - Skip the buns and run to the oven for this robust recipe.
- Double Cheeseburger Pizza - Bet this recipe from Ragu will be a great big hit with the family!
- Bacon Double Cheeseburger Dip - Dip it!