Even more new and freaky things to do this second weekend of Halloween.
Beware! Check the details before you cart the kids.
Not all events are tiny-child friendly.
If you’d like to list your big Halloween event, please email the details to Your Greater Jacksonville Examiner at email@example.com.
- The Hoard – Fri.-Sun. through Oct. 31. Clay County Fairgrounds, 2493 Florida St. Rd. 16 W., Green Cove Springs, Fla. Admission: $15-$25. For more information, please visit www.thedungeons-ha.com.
- 6th Annual World Zombie Day Walk – Sat., Oct. 12, 2-7 p.m. Starting point Midtown Deli & Café, 100 N. Laura St., Jacksonville, Fla. Admission: FREE & open to the public, please donate canned goods, soap, shampoo, etc., if you can. For more information, please visit jaxzombiewalk.com.
- 10th Annual Fall Fun & Craft Show Extravaganza – Sat., Oct. 12, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. St. Joseph Catholic School, 11600 Old St. Augustine Rd., Jacksonville, Fla. Admission: FREE & open to the public, rain or shine. A wide variety for crafts, gifts and unique items from many talented vendors. For more information, please call 904-268-6688 or visit stjosephcs.org.
- Catty Shack Ranch's Halloween Haunted Forest – Fri., Oct. 11 & 18, 5 p.m. Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary, 1860 Starratt Rd., Jacksonville, Fla. Admission: $10 Adults, $5 Kids (3-11), Kids 2 & under FREE. Great for all ages, the Halloween Haunted Forest offers crafts and games under our tent, face painting, the option to stroll through our Haunted Forest, and time to view the animals. Volunteers stationed throughout the ranch to answer any questions about the animals. Animal residents include Siberian tigers, lions, cougars, black leopards, bobcats, coatimundis and an arctic fox. Costumes are encouraged (but not required). Kids get a bag of candy to take home at the end of the night. For more information, please visit www.cattyshack.org.
- The Haunting of Schoolhouse 4 – Open Thurs.-Sun. through Nov. 2, see website for times. 11112-28 San Jose Blvd., Jacksonville, Fla. Admission: $18 Thurs. & Sun., $20 Fri. & Sat. For more information, please visit pandemjcjax.com.
- Mandarin United Methodist Church – Opens Sept. 28, Mon.-Sat. 9 a.m.-9 p.m., Sun. 11 a.m.-9 p.m. 11270 San Jose Blvd., Jacksonville, Fla. Admission: FREE & open to the public. Lots of photo spots, field trips are welcome by appointment. For more information, please call 904-268-5549 or visit www.mymc.net.
- Shepherd of the Woods Lutheran Church & School – Sun., Oct. 13-Noon, Oct. 31. Mon.-Fri. 9:30 a.m.-Noon & 3-7 p.m., Sat. 10 a.m.-7p.m., Sun. 11 a.m.-7 p.m. 6595 Columbia Park Ct., Jacksonville, Fla. Admission: FREE & open to the public. Children’s maze, photo hot spots and more. For more information, please call 904-641-8385 or visit sotwjax.com.
ST. JOHNS COUNTY
- Lord of Life Lutheran Church – Oct. 13-31, Mon.-Fri., 2 p.m.-dusk, Sat. 10 a.m.-dusk, Sun., 11 a.m.-dusk. 276 Roscoe Blvd. N., Ponte Vedra, Fla. Admission: FREE & open to the public. Concessions on the weekend. Pumpkin patch and homemade baked goods available. Family Fun Days on Oct. 20-21. For more information, please call 904-285-5347 or visit lordoflifepvb.org.
©2013 All rights reserved.
OFFICIAL BIO: K Truitt is a second-generation, native Floridian born in Jacksonville. Truitt worked in public higher education for 25 years and knows newspaper publishing, printing and graphic design. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org