Local skin health center and sun smarts advocate, DermONE has kicked off their the inaugural DERMONE’S GOTTA HAT IT benefiting Dallas-based AIM at Melanoma, one of the largest international melanoma foundations in the world. Why now? Because May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month and it’s worth noting that no one is exempt from the threat of melanoma—not even dark skinned people.
Local personalities, fashion designers and trend-setters were given an oversize, floppy sun hat as a blank canvas to express their own uniqueness and (hopefully) cause a bidding war online at www.32auctions.com/GottaHatIt through May 31. Proceeds will benefit AIM at Melanoma, and DermOne has vowed to match the highest bid (up to $500 maximum). Hats will be custom-decorated by:
- Julie Fisk, host of “Zazza & Julie,” KVIL 103.7-FM
- Leslie Ezelle of Leslie Christine Designs, HGTV “AllStar” winner, interior designer, former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader
- Charles Smith II , fashion designer of SMITH II
- Prashi Shah, national fashion designer of Prashe and event décor designer of Prashe Décor
- Miss Texas International 2014 Rachael Lynee Burns
- Lucy Dang, fashion designer and 2013 winner of Texas’s Next Top Designer and Belk’s Southern Designer Showcase
- Anthony Muelle, fashion designer, Hueso Outlaw
- Cigi Ingram, “The Cow Goddess,” artist, actor model
- John, morning show personality, “Zazza & Julie,” KVIL
- Linde Dellinger, AIM at Melanoma
And wait there’s more! During Melanoma Month in May, DermOne in Grand Prairie is offering a free skin check on Saturday, May 17, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 4927 Lake Ridge Parkway, Grand Prairie, TX 75052. Appointments are required by calling 817.466.8651 and mentioning “Melanoma Month.”
Don’t stay in the dark about sun health.